Confused on Which Task To Do First? Use Workload Shuffle!
This is the second app that I worked on in Apple Developer Academy @ BINUS. This time around, I didn’t code the app but I designed the app’s UI with my friend Arif.
So Workload Shuffle is an unpublished application that could help you prioritize your daily/weekly tasks. The Big Idea behind this app is ‘Daily Life’. The essential question is ‘how can we improve our daily life?’ and the challenge is ‘Improve our Daily Life’.
Here, we wanted to improve our life through productivity. What helps us to be productive? By sorting out which tasks are easy or hard to do, which one is urgent and which one is important.
We use the Eisenhower Matrix to structure and prioritize the tasks.
This is how we sort the tasks in the app:
- We separate tasks into two types, the scheduled one and the unscheduled one. The scheduled one has the exact date and timing, the unscheduled one only has durations per task (no exact date and timing of when the task should be done).
- If the task is labeled important and urgent, put it on the top of the list.
- * But if there is another task that is as equally important and urgent, compare the task difficulties, the easiest task goes on top.
- * If the difficulties are equally the same, then compare the durations, the one with the shortest durations stays on top.
- After sorting the important and urgent labels, the one that is labeled important but not urgent goes down below the important and urgent tasks. If the task is equally important and not urgent, the same comparison will be done as the one in comparing the equally important and urgent tasks.
- Then the tasks with the urgent but not important label go below the important and not urgent tasks. The same validation is done if the task is equally urgent and not important.
- If the task is not important and not urgent, it will go to the bottom of the list and will be sorted by difficulties and duration.
Besides helping the coders to design the algorithm, I also designed the ‘Today ‘ page where users can see what are their tasks today, and also the ‘My Statistics’ page. In this app, I learned to choose colors carefully, one of my group mentors is color blind and he can’t differentiate which one is the hard task and the medium task color labeling.
I use SimDaltonism app to check whether the app that we are creating is colorblind friendly or not.